|Date: June 11, 2021|
Members of the Sarnia Police Service COPPS Unit were on patrol, in the area of London Line, addressing various concerns that have a risen in the area.
On June 10, 2021, at approximately noon, while patrolling in the area of 1600 London Line, the officers came across an individual that was known to them and who was also wanted on an outstanding warrant.
Prior to the suspect being able to flee the area officers were able to locate and arrest him for the outstanding warrant.
Secondary to the arrest officers searched the accused and located a significant amount of suspected drugs in a backpack that he was carrying.
The following items were located:
1) Numerous pieces of drug paraphernalia including needles, sterile water and numerous smoking and snorting devices
2) 121.3 grams of suspected fentanyl (various colours)
3) 11.4 grams of suspected cocaine
4) 10 grams of suspected crystal methamphetamine
5) $1375.00 in Canadian currency
In total it is believed that approximately $64,375 worth of currency and drugs were seized.
As a result, Jordan Lawrence Nahmabin-Shaw, 31 years of age, of Sarnia, faces three counts of possession of a Schedule I Substance for the purpose of trafficking.
Nahmabin-Shaw remains in custody pending a bail hearing.
Constable Giovanni Sottosanti
Tel: 519-344-8861 Ext 6168