Date: April 29, 2021
As part of an ongoing investigation, members of the Sarnia Police Service Vice Unit requested a Controlled Drug and Substance Act Warrant, on April 28, 2021, to search a residence in the 1400 block of Exmouth Street regarding a male suspected of trafficking cocaine.
At approximately 4:25 PM, on April 28, 2021, members of the Vice Unit attended the address on Exmouth Street to execute the warrant. As officers approached the property the suspect in question observed the officers and began to run. Fortunately, he was caught by police, without further incident and taken into custody for the trafficking of cocaine.
A search of the residence allowed officers to locate:
Total street value: $21,377.60
Cash seized: $1850.00
Also located and seized was a weapon described as being a brass knuckles/knife combo.
The accused in this matter is a Richard Paul Meloche, 32 years of age, of Sarnia. Meloche faces the following charges:
1) Two counts of possession of a Schedule I Substance for the purpose of trafficking
2) One count of possession of possession of a Schedule I Substance
3) One count of unauthorized possession of a weapon
4) Six counts of failing to comply with a release order
5) Operation of a motor vehicle while prohibited under the Criminal Code of Canada (during surveillance, on another day, the accused was observed driving while prohibited)
Meloche remains in custody awaiting a bail hearing.
Photo of items seized below.
Constable Giovanni Sottosanti
Tel: 519-344-8861 Ext 6168