Also referred to as a pardon, record suspensions are processed and issued by the Parole Board of Canada.
Please refer to their website for complete instructions regarding applying for a record suspension.
- The Parole Board will supply applicants with
- Step by step instructions
- All required forms
- A fee schedule
The Sarnia Police Service may be involved at several steps in the record suspension process, but the Service does not initiate the record suspension process.
I understand the above. The Parole Board has instructed me to to process fingerprints or a local police records check with the Sarnia Police.
Live-Scan Fingerprints – By Appointment Only
- Please call 519-344-8861 ext. 5265 to book an appointment
- A fingerprint fee of $33.75 (cash or debit) applies.
Local Police Records Check
- Must be submitted to the Sarnia Police Service along with a photocopy of the RCMP fingerprint results
- A $43.00 fee applies
- The applicant may choose to submit their local police records check in person
- A piece of photo identification will be required upon application
- Authorize a third party to submit the application to the Service on their behalf, either in person or via mail
- If a third party is submitting the application on the applicant’s behalf, consent to release the results back to the third party must be submitted in writing
- For example: a lawyer, paralegal or third party company specializing in record suspensions
- If the local police records check is received via mail, the Service will require a cheque in the amount of $43.00 made out to the “Sarnia Police Service”
- Personal cheques are not accepted
Contact us at #519-344-8861, ext. 5265